Click here to read
more about Roxbury
Located about 36 miles west-northwest of New York City, Roxbury is one of the largest geographic townships in Morris County.
Founded in 1740, Roxbury Township played a crucial role in the history of the United States. We provided iron ore and forges that supplied George Washington’s Continental Army. By the 19th century Roxbury was an industrial hub supplying water from Lake Hopatcong to power the Morris Canal System. By the 1880s we boasted two railroads that spurred economic growth and the town prospered.
Recognized as One of the Top 100 Communities in America for Young People*
Today, approximately 23,000 people live in Roxbury which consists of six unique communities: Kenvil, Landing, Ledgewood, Lower Berkshire Valley, Port Morris and Succasunna.
Outstanding Recreational Facilities & Programs
- Award winning Horse Shoe Lake Complex, the gem of our park system offers swimming, year-round sports & recreation activities. Annual events include the St. Therese Carnival, PuptoberFest, BBQ Beach Blast, 2 car shows, town-wide garage sale, regional baseball and soccer competitions.
- 10 soccer fields, 13 baseball/softball fields, plus fields for lacrosse and football.
- 16 Parks with nearly 9 miles of scenic riding & walking trails, state of the art kids play stations and the new Lake Shore Playground and Landing Road Recreational facility.
- Lake Hopatcong State Park also offers extensive swimming, boating and hiking activities.
- 2015 Host of the first Pan American Fistball Championship.
Proven School System
Roxbury Schools enjoy an outstanding reputation for exemplary and balanced curricula. The district provides smaller class sizes to enhance individual attention along with extra-curricular opportunities plus a range of honors, advanced placement and college-preparatory courses.
- Over 3,750 students in the 2015/16 school year.
- 89% of students were rated as Advanced or Proficient in Mathematics.*
- 94% High school graduation rate.
- 86% of graduates are enrolled in college within 16 months of graduation.
- Exceptional programs dedicated to special needs students.
- Roxbury’s Marching Band is consistently ranked as one of the best in the state and is the reigning Group IV Open Class US Bands State Champion.
- Choice District for the Visual and Performing Arts.
- Roxbury Robotics Team placed first at Bridgewater-Raritan District Event and qualified for Mid-Atlantic Region
ChampionshipOne of the Best and Safest Cities in New Jersey*
Roxbury is one of the most valued and safest communities in New Jersey. A well-managed & balanced budget with no debt enables the Township to have one of the lowest tax rates in the area.
Roxbury is a great place to live, work and raise a family!
To learn more about Roxbury, visit www.roxburynj.us or call (973) 448-2000.
* 2011 America's Promise 100 Best Communities for Young People
* High school Proficiency Assessment Test: US News & World Report
* 2014 Safewise.com