The Roxbury Township School District, a proud and progressive district, in partnership with a supportive community, inspires and prepares all learners through a challenging educational experience to achieve their full potential as productive citizens.
Our talented staff provides a challenging, yet supportive environment. In each of our seven schools, students enjoy experiences and opportunities that enable them to become productive young adults in an ever-changing world.
Our curricular areas are aligned to the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards. Annually, we revise curricula using a five-year plan to ensure frequent updating of what we teach and how we teach it to the youngsters of Roxbury Township.
In addition to annually assessing our curricular needs, we provide staff with professional development activities which enables our teachers to constantly strive to stay current with the latest instructional techniques. Additionally, technology is an important component in the instructional process. We provide the necessary software, hardware, and Internet access so that it may be used as a tool to enhance instruction.
We encourage parents/guardians to take an active role in their child's educational process. Parents/guardians are also encouraged to attend conferences and maintain open lines of communication with their child's teachers.
We recommend participating in the Parent Teacher Association, the High School Community Association, and attendance at Board of Education meetings. We also urge individuals to regularly visit our school district website to view district and school information that is regularly updated. We are very proud of our district website, and we hope you add our site to your "favorites" list.
In the spirit of continual growth, the Roxbury School District is collaborating with representatives from diverse elements of the community to create an educational vision that directs, motivates, and inspires us to work together for the common good of our students.
The Shared Services Committee, which is comprised of representatives from both the Roxbury School District and the Town Council, meet periodically throughout the school year to discuss various interests which affect both the Township and the school district.
This is a prime example of the collaborated efforts of the Township and the school district working together to create a vision for the future. Community support is a critical component that enables Roxbury to have the outstanding schools we all enjoy. It is through the combined efforts of the entire community that all students will have the opportunity to realize success.
- Over 3,750 students in the 2015/16 school year.
- 88% of graduates enrolled in college
- 18 AP course offerings
- 89% of students scoring a 3 or better on AP tests
- National Merit Scholarship commended students, semi-finalists, and finalists
- Over two dozen elective offerings in RHS core disciplines (three new electives in STEM)
- Exceptional programs dedicated to special needs students.
- All students are provided with Google Chrome book grades 5-12 - one to one technology program
- RHS - a top 100 school in NJ
- School of choice for the Visual and Performing Arts
- three curricular bands and four co-curricular instrumental activities
- three curricular choirs and four co-curricular choirs
- Music faculty selected to direct all state chorus and instrumental groups
- Roxbury’s Marching Band is consistently ranked as one of the best in the state and is the reigning Group IV Open Class US Bands State Champion.
- Extensive Visual Arts curriculum
- Award winning student newspaper
- RHS Debate Team won award for best Affirmative Plan of the Year
- Roxbury Robotics Team placed first at Bridgewater-Raritan District Event and qualified for Mid-Atlantic Region Championship