Ledgewood Commons Update
We are pleased to share the below update about the construction of Ledgewood Commons. Please keep in mind that circumstances, including weather, can delay construction dates and tenancies.
Planning Board Approvals
- Ledgewood Commons received preliminary site plan approval on May 17, 2017 for the entire site (Memorialized June 7, 2017). Phased construction was permitted by the Planning Board. Walmart, Building “A” and Building “B” have satisfied Resolution Compliance and been issued construction permits. Building “C-1 to C-4” requires a minor revision for Resolution Compliance which should be completed by January.
- Amended site plans with detailed building footprints will be submitted for Buildings “C-5,” “D-1” and “D-2” once tenants are signed.
- Building “A” – Walmart, Marshalls, Ashley’s, 24-Hour Fitness and an unknown retail tenant
- Building “B” – Barnes and Noble, Men’s Wearhouse, DSW, Alta, 5 Below, unknown retail tenant and unknown restaurant tenant
- Building “C1 to C-4” – Starbucks, 5 Guys, Chipotle and Panda Express
- Walmart – Footings and foundation completed. Walls to go up by end of year/early first quarter 2020. Building to be weather tight by end of March and then proceed to interior fit out. Anticipated Walmart opening by Halloween 2020.
- Building “A” – Marshalls and Ashley’s will continue operation during construction. New Marshalls and renovated Ashley’s to open September 2020. 24-Hour Fitness opening anticipated first or second quarter 2021.
- Building “B” – Men’s Wearhouse will continue operation during construction. All known tenants opening by September 1, 2020
- Old Barnes and Noble Building - Once Barnes and Noble occupy their new Building “B” location, their old building will be demolished and infrastructure installed in association with Building “C-1 to C-4.” Demolition and construction are anticipated to take 8 weeks.
- Building “C-1 to C-4” – All tenants to occupy building by November 1, 2020.
Route 10 and Mary Louise Avenue Improvements
- All Route 10 and Mary Louise Avenue improvements to be completed by the beginning of August 2020 per lease obligation. All permits and sign-offs, including NJDOT, have been obtained. Currently waiting for JCP&L to relocate utility poles. Anticipated pole relocation to occur now to March 1, 2020. Road improvements to begin March 1, 2020 and be completed by August 2020.&am